Looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that won’t spike your blood sugar?
This keto dinner recipe is inspired by a classic bunless cheeseburger but instead of serving the toppings on a beef burger patty, I cooked all of the ingredients in one skillet, and then baked with shredded cheddar topping. It may not look as pretty as deconstructed cheeseburgers but it surely tastes amazing!
This Keto Cheeseburger in a Bowl is a great option for busy weeknights and your weekly meal prep. If you’re cooking just for yourself, you’ve got your dinner sorted for the next few days, all in just half an hour!
If you’re cooking for the whole family, it’s easy to double the batch, plus any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for several days, or in the freezer for up to three months.
If you like this recipe, you may also enjoy:
- Keto Crack Slaw – Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Keto Spring Bowl in a Bowl
- Keto Brussels Sprout & Sausage Crack Slaw
Hands-on: 15 minutes Overall: 25-30 minutes
Nutritional values (per serving, about 225 g/ 8 oz)
|of which Saturated||15.8||grams|
|Magnesium||68||mg (17% RDA)|
|Potassium||941||mg (47% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (23%), fat (72%)
Ingredients (makes 4 servings)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced (55 g/ 1.9 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp virgin avocado oil or ghee (30 ml)
- 500 g ground beef (1.1 lb)
- 2 large zuchini, diced (600 g/ 1.3 lb)
- 3 to 4 medium pickles (gherkins), diced (85 g/ 3 oz)
- 1/2 can canned tomatoes (200 g/ 7.1 oz)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (30 ml)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard (15 ml)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (113 g/ 4 oz)
- Optional: spring onion, chives or parsley to serve
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic. Cut the zucchini into about 1 cm (1/2 inch) cubes, and the pickles (gherkins) into about 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) cubes.
- Place onion in a skillet greased with avocado oil (or ghee). Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until fragrant. Add the ground beef and use a spatula to break into pieces.
- Cook until mostly browned, and then add the tomatoes, tomato paste and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine and add the pickles.
- Add the zucchini and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook until the zucchini is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with shredded cheddar, place under a broiler and ocok on high for 3 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned. (You can skip the browning and simply let it melt by cooking on low for another 5 minutes.
- To serve, optionally sprinkle with spring onion, chives or parsley.
- To store, let it cool down and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.