Learn how to cook Instant Pot Corn on the Cob! Quick & easy way to cook fresh corn on the cob in Instant Pot that’s sweet, juicy, and crisp-tender. Great family-friendly side dish not just for your summer barbeque or picnic!
Each summer, a corn farmer would drive in town with his pickup truck, loaded with a mountain of corn on the cob at the back (I could literally swim in the pile – not that I’ve tried it before…hehe~).
He’d stop just a couple of blocks from our house with a huge handwritten sign.
So when summer arrives, I’d eagerly look at his usual spot and see if he’s there.
His sweet corn truck was like an ice-cream truck to me! I get so excited when we spot him! My parents would pull over, and ask us to help pick some corn home.
It was slightly pricier than the ones from the market, but he definitely grew some of the sweetest & juiciest fresh corn I have ever had in my life!
What we look for in the Best Corn on the Cob?
- Textures & Mouthfeel: plump, crisp-tender, golden kernels, bursting with sweet juice
- Flavor: pleasantly sweet flavors & aroma
Try to Avoid: overcooking corn will burn or dry it out, and you’ll likely end up with tough or mushy kernels. And you might end up with hard inedible kernels if you undercook corn.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in Instant Pot
There are many ways to cook corn on the cob, from grilling, roasting, boiling, to using the microwave.
However, we love cooking corn on the cob in Instant Pot! Because it’s simple, fuss-free, and quick & easy.
Not only does it consistently yields deliciously juicy & tender results, but also maximizes nutrient retention compared to traditional cooking methods.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
All you need is simply fresh corn on the cobs and cold water to make these tasty corns!
How to Purchase Corn on the Cob?
The best corn on the cob is the freshest corn you can find. Try to avoid buying corn that has been out in the sun all day. Here are some tips to help you choose the best corn on the cobs!
- Husks: fresh, bright green color (not brown/yellow/dry), tightly wrapped around the cob
- Kernels: bright, plump, milky, tightly arranged in rows
- Corn Silk: soft, moist, silky, light golden pale (not brown/brittle), slightly sticky, the more silk the better.
- Stems (where it was broken off the stalk): if it’s already brown – it’s most likely not fresh. Try to choose ones with stems that are still moist.
How to Store Corn on the Cob?
Ideally, you should cook & consume the corn on the cob on the day it was picked. But if you’re not going to cook and eat your fresh corn that day, here are some storage tips:
- Remove the long stem & outer big leaves to prevent moisture loss
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator with the husks to protect its flavor
Tools for Cooking Corn on the Cob in Instant Pot
Step-by-Step Guide: Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Pressure Cook Corn on the Cob
First, remove the husks & silk from your corn. Starting at the tip, pull all the corn husks and silk down, then try your best to rip them all out. Rub off as much of the lingering strings as possible.
Now, pour 1 cup (250ml) of cold water in the Instant Pot.
Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
- Pressure Cooking Method: Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 1 to 2 minutes, then immediately Quick Release
*Pro Tip: Quick Release means carefully turn the Venting Knob to Venting Position to release all the pressure.
Once the Floating Valve drops, open the lid carefully.
Serve Instant Pot Corn
Serve perfectly tender & juicy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob hot with butter, salt, and pepper, or your favorite seasonings or sauces.
Ways to Dress Up Corn on the Cob:
There are endless ways to dress up your juicy sweet corn. Here are some yummy topping ideas:
- Olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cheddar cheese and bacon
- Miso + furikake
- Pesto sauce
- Hot sauce
- Old Bay seasonings
Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn (Elotes)
Enjoy your Juicy Sweet Corn!
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Pressure Cook Corn on the Cob: Pour 1 cup (250ml) cold water in Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet. With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 1 to 2 minutes, then immediately Quick Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Serve: Serve immediately with butter, salt, pepper, or your favorite sauce & topping. Enjoy~