Why is it important to find YOUR version of keto, and how? We’ve made it to the last of the BEST OF Keto for Women series, Episode 63, where I give you the tools that you need to know what version of keto works for YOU!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My story before and after keto
- The keto diet vs the keto lifestyle
- What happens when you do the keto lifestyle
- The 5 steps to finding YOUR right version of keto
- My keto lifestyle tips
- If you’re doing the keto diet, you are following someone else’s rules, restrictions, calculations, and meals, so it isn’t going to do anything for YOU.
- You aren’t really tapping into your body when you are following a diet. You are focusing on one arbitrary goal, and focusing on what the scale is telling you.
- When you’re doing the keto lifestyle, you’re taking charge of your health. You’re not just focusing on one arbitrary goal but on bigger health-related goals.
- The ketogenic lifestyle leads to food freedom.
- A lot of great things can happen for you when you break up with your app and all these tracking and calculations that you do with your food. Not only is it taking away from other pleasures in life but it’s also keeping you from being able to get into the keto lifestyle.
- Know that keto perfection does not exist. So don’t try to be keto perfect, just try to be in the right space for you.
- Go from saying keto diet to keto lifestyle.
- 5 Steps To Finding YOUR Version Of Keto
- Find your bigger why. Ask yourself these questions: How do you want to feel? How do you want to act? How do you want to move? And how do you want to live?
- Keep a journal. Gather information about your body and how it responds to different things.
- Utilize your ketone readings.
- Break up with tracking apps and calculating. Instead, build your perfect plate of food and use that as your anchor.
- Enjoy your keto lifestyle and thrive.
“The thing that takes keto from a diet to a lifestyle is all about YOU. It’s YOU wanting and realizing the need to make that change… YOU making that step, YOU taking the action, YOU listening to your body, YOU taking the time, but then YOU also letting go and living life.”
“Food is not a math equation. It is nourishment for our bodies and nutrients to stay strong and healthy and alive, and pleasure. You should enjoy what you eat as well.”
- Phat Fudge – Use the code SHAWN for 10% off your order.
- Primally Pure – Use the code KETO4WOMEN for 10% off your order.
Resource mentioned in the show:
More from Shawn Mynar:
The advice and opinions in The Keto For Women show are intended for informational purposes only and should not be taken as medical care or advice. Please always consult your medical professional for your specific health concerns.