We created the keto cheeseburger, how about that.
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp ground chipotle or smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small beetroot, thinly sliced (we used a mandoline)
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced on an angle
- 2 large dill pickles, sliced lengthways
- 2 baby cos lettuce, cut into wedges
- 50g very sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 white onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tbs mild mustard
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs Greek yoghurt
MethodFor the dressing, combine half the onion (reserve remaining onion to serve) and the remaining ingredients in a bowl and season. Set aside.
- Place mince in a frypan over medium-high heat and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 3-4 minutes or until browned all over.
- Add chipotle, tomato paste, garlic, 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper, and cook for a further 5-6 minutes or until mince is starting to catch. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange lettuce, pickles, tomatoes and beetroot on a serving plate and scatter over the crispy mince. Crumble over cheese and sprinkle reserved onion. Serve with dressing.